Tuesday, April 5, 2011

And when you get blue...


This is my first sincere attempt at animation. It's a video demonstration of creating imagery and motion for sound. Over the past while, I've been scribbling a lot of words about the way we perceive the world and express ourselves through our different senses. Whether it be painting, singing, cooking or anything, we're trying to say something big that our words would fall short on. I believe that all forms of media are just boats sailing on the same mysterious ocean and I want to start trying to incorporate that concept into more of the things I do.

(Maybe one day I'll try to formalize my thoughts into something a little more literal and I won't have to hide behind a cute metaphor.)

This was created in Adobe After Effects. It's merely me working with the program so I can make a more ambitious video later in the semester. Get hyped!


---------------------




Jessy Carolina & The Hot Mess - October 2010 Bootleg
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gkjwc5zmfmd78z9
Tags: early jazz, ragtime, blues, folk

The current incarnation of The Bill Murray Experience. Sure, it's a bootleg and that's not actually album art, but it's still really good! I swear! Just like the BME, these guys are practically a house band for Roots 'n' Ruckus at the Jalopy Theatre, so next time you're in Red Hook on a Wednesday night, see if you can catch them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment