Thursday, April 8, 2010

On a kick.




A painting that I pretty much just used as an exercise of color application. It's meant to illustrate and accompany a childrens poem about the individuality found in a thumb print...hence why there is that negative space to the right.




A month or two ago, I showed a pencil sketch of this painting, and it kind of evolved into something else. Here I've pit Bill Watterson against the haunting legions of his adoring fans, desperately trying to protect his beloved creation from the sinister hands of mass-marketing.
I don't normally do caricatures, but it was fun. I got to apply some of the things I learned in the previous painting, and I think it paid off.

------------------------------

I'm glad to note that I've become involved with the Folk Routes Anarchist Networking Distribution Syndicate. You can read up on that...but rest assured that a lot of cool things are going to come out of it. It seems as though I'll be lending my hands both as a visual artist and a member of Wood Spider. So exciting!

Also, there's a lot of other cool, more developed plans happening this summer. I'm sworn to secrecy for now, but all I'll mention is that Wood Spider is going on an extensive tour (For us, that is) and we won't just be bringing instruments with us. That's all I'll dispatch this moment.
(We're going to be taking a very sinuous route from New England to Texas and back. If you're in any of the areas that our MySpace's tour calendar vaguely indicates, come out and see us! Or if you'd want to help us out by suggesting us local bands/musicians that would compliment our sound, e-mail me at alex@krokus.com. It'd be greatly appreciated.)

------------------------------



Squinch Owl - I Am Always Coming Home EP
Download: http://squinchowl.bandcamp.com/no_js/download_tralbum
Tags: folk, early blues, light brown

Sofia Albam is both a friend of mine and an affiliate to Folk Routes. It's just a three song EP, but her voice is stupid good. Please download it and let your heart be melted.
(That link is taken from her Bandcamp page. If it doesn't work for ya, it should just redirect you to the home page, where you could download it there. Cool?)

No comments:

Post a Comment