Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Things're so good.



Someone new and fun.



Someone old and timeless.


Who wants to take bets on how soon I get a Tumblr?


-----------------




The Great Valley - Holiday, Holinight EP
Download: Bandcamp (free)
Tags: pretend-pop, summertime, lo-fi

I remember it was this time last year that I was taking my first cracks at animation and rockin' to this EP. Now it's a year later and I'm still "just starting" so why not continue listening to it?
Yo, the Great Valley is the best. They describe themselves as "pretend-pop", which can mean whatever but I think it makes sense. This is my favorite release of theirs and it's full of so many catchy riffs and warm, pleasing textural sounds. The whole thing was recorded to an 8-track, for you analog dorks out there!

1 comment: