Saturday, March 17, 2012

Painful yellow sunrise.





A moment from my travels in January.


HEY EVERYONE. I HAVE A POOOOOOORTFOOOOOLIOOOOOO SITE NOW. CHECK IT OUT!


------------------------




Hala Strana - Fielding
Download: Bandcamp
Tags: Experimental folk, psychedelic, Eastern European

So I've been recently introduced to the work of Steven R. Smith, a self-taught experimental guitarist that has released enough music to hold me over until I'm old and don't care about music anymore. This is merely the first album I was introduced to and I'm all about it right now.
Listen to it if you're down with atmospheric textures and peaceful dissonance (which I know doesn't make any sense). Stuff gets pretty heavy at points, as well.
Smith is also a crazy talented printmaker and is the artist responsible for most of his album covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment