Friday, September 2, 2011

Beet Summer.


So this blurry summer of poor time management and ice cream binging has come to a close. Whether or not my time was utilized properly is arguable, but these past couple of months should be valued just as much as any other period of our lives, right?



I saw what I believed to be a rough-legged hawk while biking on Assateague Island in Maryland. Here are a few of the watercolors I made in its honor.

Though, I was mostly working on commission-type things this summer, I found the time to do a good amount of collaborating with new and old friends. It's really comforting to have a means of making visual art more of a social experience seeing as it's often associated with introversion and solitude. The more people I worked with, the more I learned how influenced I am by the contributions of whoever I'm working with. Our images would weave together with the varied fluidity of a spoken conversation. Here's a couple I have on hand.



A delirious effort between Shari Ross with a big fat marker and myself with the leftover tomato-beet juice from dinner.



Busy drawings made during busy conversation with Alex Krales.




Conceived during Hurricane Irene.


-----------------




Abandon Ship! - Abandon Ship!
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zq3bihsybaeynz5
Tags: folk punk

So the recordings aren't the greatest and there isn't even cover art, but I listened to this album a bunch this summer. I'd recommend it to anyone who digs the whole jug-punk type scene going on around the West Coast. I feel pretty comfortable saying that this is some (charmingly) sloppy medium between Blackbird Raum and Mallory. Listen to it while you can still wear shorts and ride your bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment